Born on 22 November 1948, Saroj Khan’s real name is Nirmala Sadhu Singh Nagpal. Saroj choreographed for over 200 films. Due to financial constraints, he started working at the age of three. She first appeared as a child artist in the film Nazrana. Let us know about the life of Saroj Khan
Choreographer Saroj Khan Biography
Life of Saroj Khan
Saroj Khan’s mother and father are Christians Sadhu Singh and Noni Sadhu Singh. Nirmala, popularly known as Saroj Khan, had her parents come to India after the Partition of India. She is married to a Muslim. His name is Sardar Roshan Khan and his last name is Khan Ata. He took dance dance from Sohanlal.
According to his own confessional statement on a Pakistani TV show, he had confessed Islam before marriage and is now a Muslim. At the age of thirteen, he married B Sohanlal, a famous figure of that time. Was a dance guru. Sohan Lal (71 years) was married first and had 4 children.
At the age of fourteen, he gave birth to his first child Hamid Khan, now a famous choreographer by the name of Raju Khan. She split from Sohanlal in 1975, but continued to work as his assistant. Sohanlal and Saroj Khan reunite when Sohanlal had a heart attack. Saroj Khan to Sohanlal and a child to their daughter Hina Khan (Cuckoo).
Madhras were deceived leaving Sohanlal Saroj Khan and his two children behind. She then married Sardar Roshan Khan and gave birth to a daughter named Sukayna Khan. She now runs a dance institute in Dubai.
Saroj Khan Femography and Choreographer
Saroj Khan started his career as a child artist in the film Nazrana at the age of thirteen and in the film Nazrana, at the age of three, he was named Shyama. She was well known for her Nagina movie “Main Teri Dushman”.
Saroj was the first assistant choreographer, but she became a choreographer with the 1974 film Geeta Mera Naam.
Choreographer Saroj Khan and shridevi
The 1986 film Nagina proved to be a milestone for Saroj. In this film, Saroj made Sridevi dance to the song ‘Main Teri Dushman’, which proved to be a huge hit and due to this song Saroj got fame.
Saroj Khan choreographed songs from many famous films like the film Tezaab, Khalnayak, Mr. India, Chalbaaz, Nagina, Chandni, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Devdas.
There is hardly such a big star in Bollywood that Saroj has not made her dance. Saroj Khan, who catches everyone on her own rhythm, is today known as Dance Master all over the country.
Saroj khan also produced a Bhojpuri film.
Choreographer Saroj has appeared as a judge in several reality shows including Nach Baliye, Maestro of the Maestro, Nachle with Saroj Khan, Boogie-Woogie.
He has been awarded the Best Choreographer National Film Award for the 2007 film Jab We Met, the Filmfare Award for Film Guru, the Filmfare Award for 2002 Devdas and the National Film Award and the American Choreography Award for Film Lagan.
Some unknown facts about Choreographer Saroj Khan
- Does Saroj Khan smoke? : not known
- Has Saroj Khan drunk? : not known
- Nirmala Kishanchand Sadhu Singh Nagpal, popularly known as Saroj Khan, is one of the famous choreographers in Hindi cinema.
- Saroj Khan was born in Pakistan with Kishanchand Sadhu Singh and Noni Sadhu Singh, later his parents moved to India with their five children after Partition Pakistan.
- Saroj Khan started his career as a child artist (Shyama) at the age of three from the film Nazrana.
- He also worked as a background dancer in the 1950s.
- She has choreographed over 2000 songs so far. He made the film choreographer B. Learned to dance with the help of Sohanlal.
- Saroj Khan b. Married at the age of thirteen to Sohanlal, who was 41 years old and father of four children.
- She was born into a Hindu family but converted to Islam just before her first marriage.
- Later she b her husband. She separated from Sohanlal and married a headman, Roshan Khan. He debuted as an independent choreographer with Geeta Mera Naam (1974).
- She had to wait a long time to achieve the desired fame, which came with her work in Sri Devi, Sri India (1987) with Hawa Hawaii, Nagina (1986) and Chandni (1989) and later Madhuri Dixit, Which started with the hit Ek Do Teen in Tezaab (1988), Tamma Tamma Loge in Thanedar (1990) and Dhak Dhak Karne Laga in Beta (1992).
- Saroj Khan judged the first and second seasons of a dance reality show Nach Baliye in 2005, which aired on Star One along with two other judges.
- He has also judge Ustadon Ka Ustad and Boogie Woogie show in 2008 which aired on Sony TV.
- In 2008, she appeared in the show Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan, which aired on NDTV Imagine.
Saroj Khan Award
National Film Award for Best Choreography
2002 – Devdas – Dola Re Dola
2007 – Srinagaram
2006 – Jab We Met
Filmfare Best Choreography Award
2006 – Guru
2003 – Devdas
2000 – Hum dil de chuke sanam
1979 – VKhanayak
193 – Beta
191 – Sailaab
190 – Chalabaz
1979 – Tejaab
American Choreography Award
2002: Lagan – Outstanding Achievement in Feature Film
(2001): Once Upon a Time in India
Choreographer Saroj Khan Death
Was hospitalized on June 20
On June 20, Saroj Khan was admitted to Mumbai’s Gurunanak Hospital after suffering from shortness of breath. Where his health was improving. But on Thursday night, his health suddenly deteriorated and he died. His body will be handed over at Malwani cemetery in Malad on Friday.
Saroj Khan was handed over to the choreographers till her last breath
Renowned choreographer Saroj Khan has died at the age of 71. He was admitted to the hospital after complaining of breathlessness. Where he died due to cardiac arrest at 1.52 pm on Thursday. A few days ago his corona test was also done which came negative. Saroj Khan was 71 years old. He taught dance to many Bollywood actors including Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi.